Role of Web Directories in SEO: Web directories are very important for search engines point of view. Directory listing helps increase website’s search engine visiblity and backlinks. Webmaster need to do is focus and pay little bit exrta attention while directory submissions. These Directories represents your website in the eyes of the search engine bot and helps your domain to get ranked well in search engines, some them do transfer their PR value if you do follow their submission guide lines or listed under paid listing.
Directory Submission Guide:
Before start directory submission few instruction must followed to get full advantage of these web directory
- Do not submit under contruction websites.
- All pages should proper onpage optimized, please do check onpage optimization check list before proceed any further.
- Please do follow the guide lines available in each web directory.
- Please find a list of high Google PR Web Directories and start submitting from high PR to low PR Web Directories.
- Do not your own email address for submissions, beause these submissions will subscribe you in several newsletters. To avoid to have these newsletter in your mail box please create a new email for submission.
- Check your email before start submission and at end of submission job, to validate your link on submitted web directories.
- Do not submit your website to the web directories which have more than 10 listing on a single page.
- Do try to filter your directories list according to your targeted niche.
- Do not stop submitting your website in web directories until you are start getting the required SEO results.
- Important Submission Guide lines:
Use your main or target keyword as the title of your website.
Write proper description for each keyword which will used for directory submissions.
don’t go for reciprocal links, because search engine likes one way links.